Andy Hill here.
I’m 37, married and have two beautiful (and crazy) kids. My ever-present number one priority is ensuring Nicole, Zoey and Calvin (my family) have the best lives possible. So far, we’ve had some exciting financial wins as a family like …
- Paying off $48,032 of debt in 1 year
- Becoming completely debt free by paying off our $195,000 home mortgage in less than 4 years.
- Increasing our Net Worth from -$50,000 to $750,000 in 8 Years
I’m feeling very hopeful about our family’s future. I want to share that excitement, the details on our past successes (and failures) and plans for our next steps with you.
Outside of our family’s financial journey, every week I’m interviewing the best and brightest minds when it comes to your finances. The knowledge I absorb from these gurus is shared with you, the readers and listeners of the Marriage, Kids and Money community. I’ve spoken with millionaire entrepreneurs, financial industry executives and early retirees all with the goal of helping YOU win with money.
- MarketWatch: Maxing out a 401(k) is surprisingly rare – but may be easier than you think
- NBC News: How the “50/50 Path” Helped One Couple Pay Their Mortgage Off in 4 Years
- NerdWallet: How I Ditched Debt
- Business Insider: 15-Year Mortgage Paid Off in 5 Years
- AOL Finance: How We Paid Off $50k of Debt in 1 Year
- So Money: How Marriage Counseling is Helping our Path to Financial Independence
- BiggerPockets Money: The Low-Stress, Surprisingly Simple Way to Financial Freedom
- ChooseFI Podcast: Dave Ramsey World Collides with FI World
- Fire Drill Podcast: Increasing Your Net Worth by $700,000 in 7 Years
- Stacking Benjamins Show: Andy Joins the Friday Panel
- Couple Money Podcast: How to Pay Your Mortgage Off in Less Than 5 Years
- Money Peach Podcast: Plans for Paying Off the Mortgage Early
- Good Dad Project Podcast: How to Pay Off Your Mortgage
- His & Her Money Podcast: How Nicole and Andy Paid Off $50k in Debt in 12 Months
- Financial Grownup Podcast: Love is blind to price tags
- Richer Soul: Marriage, Kids and Financial Success
- Beyond the Dollar: Getting Financially Intimate with your Spouse
- How to Be Awesome at your Job: 3 Ways to Increase Your Pay (And Make it go Farther)
- Do You Even Hustle: How to Become Debt Free When You Have Kids
- Everyday Money Show: This One’s For You, Dad!
- Maple Money: How to Get Your Family on Board with Financial Independence
- What’s Up Next: Financial Independence and Marital Discord (with Andy and Nicole Hill)
- How to Money: Avoiding Money Fights
- Joney Talks: The Unexpected Benefits of Paying Off Your Mortgage Fast
Marriage, Kids and Money Podcast
If you’re new to the site, I’d suggest you start with the Marriage, Kids and Money Podcast. This is a weekly podcast dedicated to helping you succeed in your family finances.
You can listen directly on this site or through Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher or wherever you like to listen to podcasts. To let you know it’s worth your while, here are a few of the 5-star reviews the show has received on Apple Podcasts:
Actionable Personal Finance Advice
If you’re more into reading, here are a few of my top articles that have received the most engagement and interest:
- How We Paid Off Our $195,000 in Less Than 5 Years
- Life After Dave Ramsey’s Baby Step 7
- Dear 20-Year Old, Invest Now and Retire Early
Wherever you are in your financial journey, I’d love to help you succeed. Please shoot me a note with any feedback or questions:
Bio for Andy Hill
Andy Hill is the host of the Marriage, Kids and Money Podcast which focuses on helping young families build wealth. This 5-star rated podcast was nominated as “Best New Personal Finance Podcast” by Plutus.
Outside of writing for his own weekly blog of the same name, he has been featured in Business Insider, MarketWatch, and NBC News. Trusted as a personal finance influencer by brands such as Quicken Loans, Tiller and Credit Sesame, Andy’s message of family financial empowerment has resonated with listeners, readers, and viewers across the US.
When he’s not “talking money”, Andy enjoys wrestling with his two kids and singing 80’s karaoke with his wife.
Privacy, Cookie, and Affiliate Disclaimer
Here is my privacy, cookie, and affiliate disclaimer policy describing the content on the site and podcast and how I support the ongoing operations. Thank you for checking out the site.