I may earn commissions from the links in this post. Opinions shared are for entertainment purposes only and should not be considered as professional advice.
Contentment … loving who we are and what we have instead of wanting what our neighbors, friends or family have.
It sounds simple enough, right?
Well, in a world where we can see our friends every accomplishment, vacation and home upgrade on social media 24/7, it’s tough not to get a little jealous from time to time.
To help us all enjoy more and covet less, I’ve invited NY Times Best Selling Author, Rachel Cruze, on the show today.
What are we covering?
Rachel and I chat about:
- Why social media is making it difficult for us to not be jealous
- How to become more content and grateful
- Strategies for keeping the fire alive in young marriages
As a mother to two young girls and a dedicated wife, Rachel’s family and financial perspective is perfect for this show.
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON ABOVE OR LISTEN ON:
About Our Guest: Rachel Cruze
Rachel Cruze is a seasoned communicator and presenter, helping Americans learn the proper ways to handle money and stay out of debt. Today she serves as a Ramsey Personality, using her knowledge and experiences from growing up as Dave Ramsey’s daughter to educate others. She co-authored the #1 New York Times best-selling book Smart Money Smart Kids with her dad. Her new book, Love Your Life, Not Theirs, released in October 2016.
These are the incredible personal finance media personalities that opened their hearts and shared why they are grateful:
- Jannise from Miss Millennia Magazine
- Bil Dwight from FamZoo
- Thomas Minter from City for Millennials
- Cassie Michael from Thrifty Couple
- Tori Dunlap from Tomorrow
- Candice Marie from Young Yet Wise
- Andy Wang from Inspired Money
- Bonnie Koo from Miss Bonnie MD
- Kevin Griffin and Sean Merron from 2 Frugal Dudes
- Ariana Sylvester from Tom and Ariana
Money Master of the Week
Rachel from Seattle recently paid off $30,000 in student loans in 3 years!
After growing her annual income to over $100,000 (at the age of 26 no less!), Rachel was able to use her income to crush her debt in 3 short years.
Outside of her 9-5, Rachel picked up a side gig too! It’s amazing how much you can make on the side when you’re motivated.
If you want to learn more about Rachel and follow her personal finance success, check her out at Rachel Slifka.
Rachel from Seattle is our Money Master of the Week!
- First name
- Your recent big win
- How you did it
- Your financial plans for the future
Your story will inspire others to save more, make more and plan for their family’s future.
SHOW SPONSOR: CREDIT SESAME
GET YOUR FREE CREDIT SCORE TODAY – Free score, credit monitoring and $50,000 in identity theft insurance … and you support this show too!
SHOW SPONSOR: TILLER
30-Day FREE Trial – Control your money and support this show.
Rachel Cruze’S RESOURCES
YouTube: 6 Talks to Win in Money and Marriage
- Book: Love Your Life Not Theirs by Rachel Cruze
MKM PODCAST RESOURCES
Young Family Wealth Playbook (FREE): 7-Steps to Solidifying Your Family’s Future Wealth
Support this Show
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, here are some excellent ways to support the show:
- Leave a review for the show on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher
- Leave a comment below
- Check out my Recommended Resources Page
- Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, YouTube, Spotify, Google Podcasts or Stitcher
- Join our Thriving Families Facebook Community – learn and help other families grow their wealth
I truly appreciate the support everyone!
I’d love to hear from you!
If you’d like your question featured on the show, reach out and let me know. It would be my honor to support you in your journey toward financial freedom.