I may earn commissions from the links in this post. Opinions shared are for entertainment purposes only and should not be considered as professional advice.
Lately, I’ve been thinking of a lot about my goals. I’ve decided that the goal of becoming a young millionaire pales in comparison to becoming a generous giver. Since I’m neither of those things right now, I figured I would get a bit of assistance on my giving goal by reaching out to someone I admire.
Allison Kade, Editorial Director at Fabric, joins me today to talk about how and why she has given away 10% of her income to charity for the past 7 years. She believes that charitable giving provides you the opportunity to create positive and lasting change in your community, your country and with society at large.
I agree with her and I’m inspired. This is a goal I can get behind.
What are we covering?
Allison and I review:
- How she decided to give away 10% of her income
- Why she gets excited for her big donations
- How those of us who aren’t giving nearly 10% can ladder up
I’m so inspired by Allison’s generosity and selflessness in this interview. She’s encouraging me to live with an open hand instead of a closed one. I hope you get inspired as well!
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON ABOVE OR LISTEN ON:
About our Guest: Allison Kade
Allison Kade is the Editorial Director of Fabric, where she’s building an online publication to help families with their personal finances. Her financial writing has appeared in Bloomberg, Forbes, The Today Show, Business Insider, The Huffington Post, TheStreet, Credit.com, The Fiscal Times and more. In addition, her work has appeared in lifestyle publications like Real Simple, Travel + Leisure, Lifehacker, xoJane
Allison’s Website/Blog: MeetFabric.com/Blog
Recommended Book: The Life You Can Save by Peter Singer
Money Master of the Week
Hillary from Houston, Texas has decided (in partnership with her husband) to go live solely on one income so they can save the rest. Live on one and save the other. Genius!
HOW DID SHE DO THAT?
- Realized they needed a change. They spent a boat load of money, had a lot of fun and then realized, it’s time to make a change.
- Developed a budget together. They reviewed the numbers and took stock of what was coming in and what was going out. They crafted a plan and said, “let’s do this”
- Grew the gap. They must have grown the gap between their income and their expenses to make this a reality. They either reduced their expenses or grew their income. Either way, way to go Hillary!
WHAT IS HER NEXT FINANCIAL GOAL?
By living on a single income, Hillary and her husband are now able to save enough to pay off their cars and eventually … their mortgage! Mortgage freedom rocks!
Hilary is our Money Master of the Week!
Share Your Wins
- First name
- Your recent big win
- How you did it
- If/How you celebrated
- Your financial plans for the future
Your story will inspire others to save more, make more and plan for their family’s future.
30-Day FREE Trial– Control your money through automated spreadsheets and support this show.
Get Your Free Quote – Protect your family with term life insurance and support this show.
MKM Podcast Resources
#BIGTIPTUESDAY IS HERE!
I’m creating a fun way for the Marriage, Kids and Money Community to Give Back this holiday season. I’m calling it “Big Tip Tuesday” …
I would love for our community to surprise 10 hard-working people in the service industry with $100. That would be $1,000 of joy spread to those who are working hard during the holidays. So, what do you think? Are you in?
Please email me and let me know. Giving is SO much fun. Think about the smile you’ll bring to someone’s face who is not expecting it. THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING IT!
MKM Coaching and Connecting
MKM Coaching with Andy Hill: Request a free 30-minute consultation call with me so we can partner together on your path to financial freedom.
Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
Young Family Wealth Playbook (FREE): 7-Steps to Solidifying Your Family’s Future Wealth
Support this Show
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, here are some excellent ways to support the show:
- Leave a review for the show on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher
- Leave a comment below
- Check out my Recommended Resources Page
- Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, YouTube, Spotify, Google Podcasts or Stitcher
- Join our Thriving Families Facebook Community – learn and help other families grow their wealth
I truly appreciate the support everyone!
I’d love to hear from you!
If you’d like your question featured on the show, reach out and let me know. It would be my honor to support you in your journey toward financial freedom.